Housing Associations

Complex, and frequently confusing, accounting procedures for housing associations can be a huge burden for a sector already under extreme pressure from a weak economy and the resulting increased demand for social housing. In the next year we expect to see the introduction of compulsory component accounting under SORP which may have far-reaching implications for social housing associations and financial reporting. 

The new accounting rules may not affect all social housing associations and our specialist team at Richard Place Dobson can advise you on this. We have over twenty years' experience of acting for housing associations, charities and not for profit organisations. 

How can we help?

  • Accounting and audit services - specifically dealing with the issues pertinent to the charity and not for profit sectors
  • Taxation services including Gift Aid where relevant
  • SORP accounting and compliance where relevant
  • Payroll & VAT
  • Internal controls
  • Healthchecks
  • Governance reviews
  • Risk management and reserves policy advice
  • Completion of annual returns
  • Guidance on funding

To contact a member of our specialist charity team, please click here. Alternatively, contact us on 01293 521191.